October favorites is here!
This month has very few beauty/fashion products because I have been super busy and have tried to keep it simple this month and spend time with the boyfriend.
- Mad Max: Fury Road – Holy shit this movie was the best movie I have seen in a long time! I’m not one for action movies mainly because its the stereotypical white male good-guy killing bad guys. This however blew my freaking mind in ways I never knew feminism would! I am so proud of George Miller and the way he made a movie not just about a strong female protagonist…he made a movie that really touched on what it’s like to be a women. We are complex and interesting humans that are capable of dialogue about more than just “love & sex” Cinema has a way of saying men are far more interesting and diverse with their emotions and acting capability. This movie totally flipped the tables. Tom Hardy was still a great character, he didn’t need to spew nonsense lines to get his point across. Charlize Theron was just wonderful to watch. If I hadn’t seen this movie so late, me and the boyfriend would definitely be cosplaying this badass duo!
- Toasted Graham Latte – WAAAAY better than a PSL anyday! I haven’t tried the new Pumpkin Spice Latte made with the so called “real pumpkin” so I guess I shouldn’t hate too much. But while on my Dallas trip, I had a Toasted Graham Latte every day I was there! I also had the Salted Caramel Latte too, but that can be too sweet. (get less pumps for less sweet) As for the TGL, I get it tall, non-fat milk, and no whip. I hate whip. Gross!
- Maiden Form Plunge Bra – So I decided to wear a super plunge (in my opinion) little black dress for Ryan’s friend’s wedding and since my girls are a little too big to just be free balling, I wanted to keep them supported a little bit better. I found this bra at Kohl’s for about $30. I can say the only thing I’d change or add would be silicone pads inside the cups to keep your girls from sliding around. Otherwise this bra makes my chest look like I paid $10,000 on a boob job!
- Mockingjay – Last book in the Hunger Games series and I’m racing the clock to finish it by the movie premier! I had read the fist 1/3 on my moms kindle but then stopped for reasons unknown. On my Dallas trip I thought I’d take a break from my phone and social media and read. Which sometimes I forget that I love. I have about 1/4 of the book left and I’m super excited to finish it and finally watch the movie! Suzanne, I congratulate you for writing an awesome novel. It’s a shame that so many other writers are trying to pawn off this idea as their own.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation – Since I’m cheap and refuse to spend high end prices for makeup, I haven’t actually bought this. I just went to Sephora (bless their souls) and got some free samples. Now I didn’t originally do this jut to get free samples, I actually got the samples because the foundation has zinc oxide in it (as sunscreen) and I am allergic to high amounts of zinc oxide and I wanted to see how my skin would react to it. if I could splurge on it for $35 or save myself from future allergic reaction and hives. So fortunately I did not have a reaction but there is still so much of the sample left I haven’t bought the full thing yet…but I will…eventually!