I have been a little obsessive when it comes to monthly subscription boxes. I did cancel my Birchbox box…I was tired of getting just makeup products. I am very particular with what goes on my face. And it just added unused clutter to my life. However I found JackedPack which is targeted towards the serious athlete, trainee, gym rat. Which is me.
I’m testing out the waters right now. I received the June box just in time because it was their biggest box yet! Total of 12 trial samples of pre-workouts, bcaa’s, protein, snacks, and amino acids. Now if you look more closely, some samples are actually 2 serving (mainly the pre-workouts) so you get a little more out of the samples. Since these products are only a sample size (1-2 servings) I can’t take it over a week for best reviewing, I’ll try my best to tell you what I think!
- BPI 1.M.R. Vortex – Ok a lot of words there. Sounds like a bunch of jibberish (especially for those who don’t use supplements) Simply a pre-workout. This was pretty good. I actually like the taste 9snow cone) some people say it’s too sweet, which is true. It’s sweet, and tastes almost like an otter pop, but I enjoyed it. It Didn’t mix with water too well, kind of chalky with bits still floating around. It’s pretty chill, and I mean that as it’s not a crazy pump pre-workout. Yes I felt more awake, but not like tweaked out. It doesn’t have Beta-Alanine so it wont make your skin tingle. Which I kinda like.
- BPI Best BCAA – Grape flavored Jolly Rancher. Bleh! I’m Kinda bummed that I got a gross flavor but beggars can’t be choosers right? Now it’s hard to say if this really helped with aiding my muscle recovery. It could have worked, or maybe I just didn’t push myself that hard that day… Too many variables to really give a good review…sorry!**UPDATE** I recently bought this in a different flavor and I’m loving it!**
- BPI ISO HD – Why with the crazy names?! It’s protein powder. It’s a fast absorbing protein powder. 25g protein per serving as well as 1g fat and 2g carbs. Pretty run of the mill. The chocolate brownie flavoring was good, maybe better if I mixed it with milk. But all in all, it was a good protein. I mixed my own non-flavored BCAA’s with the protein to get a little more aminos.
- NutraBio PRE EXTREME – Another pre-workout. This is an insane amount of pre-workout! 1 Serving size is 34grams…thats like a scoop of protein powder. Usually you take a small dose of pre-workout. I only had half the sample. The flavor is more of a sour watermelon sour patch kid, definitely not the best tasting. It felt more of a hot sensation on my skin rather than prickly feeling, but not too overwhelming. I’m on the fence about this one.
- NutraBio BCAA 5000 – Grape…again. All the grape is starting to grow on me. or maybe it just tastes good when you working your ass off. I drank this while I was working out (back day) and it was like grape PowerAde tasting. Wasn’t awful but not my favorite.
- NutraBio 100% Whey Protein Isolate – 2 thumbs DOWN! Dutch chocolate was way to chalky for me, and it would NOT dissolve! I sat there shaking if my life depended on it for 2 minutes and still chalky clumpiness. I drank only a 1/4 of it and just dumped it down the sink… NEXT!
- ProSupps Dr. Jekyll – Lots of pre-workouts in this box! This was one of my 2 favorites (flavor wise) Orange burst, delicious. Reminded me of Tang (the capri-sun like juice box from the early 2000’s) Has quite a lot of Beta-Alanine in it and gave me tingles, but I didn’t notice it until AFTER my gym session. I felt awake and alert but not cracked out, once again
- Cellucor C4 – Probably the most notorious product out there. There is some pro’s and con’s about this product, but I think it depends on how much you take. Ihave tried this in the past (different flavor) and I took WAY too much and I felt like I was going to crawl out of my skin. This time me and the boyfriend shared the sample and it was perfect. The blue razz was delicious. Gave a good pump, and still felt jittery (in a good way) after the gym. Felt like I could have kept going.
- ProMera Sports Amino Tren – An Amino Acid recovery formula? So it reads you can take this at any time of a workout. Before, during, or even after a gym sesh. Because of all the caffeine, it does have jittery effects so I don’t think I’d be wise to take it after a workout (if you workout in the evening like me) but I did take it in the evening when I tried it (on the weekend) and it did keep me awake and going. Which wasn’t bad. The taste is also DELICIOUS! Mandarin! Mixed really well. This was definitely a good product in my book. Now its hard to tell if it helped with recovery (doms and stuff) because it was 1 serving. But I think I may by this for the taste and focus alone!
- RP Nutrition Rip Pack RECOVER – Well this wasn’t in my box, so I don’t have a review for this one.
- TapouT Turbo Blend Protein Powder – I’m kind of bummed that this was only a 1/2 serving. Wasn’t even enough to keep me feeling full. But I will wasy, it was pretty gooc, didn’t taste like typical protein powder. tasted like watered down hot chocolate mix. I might get this again. But I would like to have a FULL serving next time! Might actually be more chocolatey!
- MuscleMeds Carnivor Brownie – DELICIOUS! I ate this AS SOON AS IT ARRIVED in the mail! At first I was like…eh, not a big fan of chocolate but why not try it. I had room in my macros and I planned to eat only half and save it for later. Nope! Ate that thing within 30 seconds! 15g of protein is a pretty fair amount espically considereing protein poweder comes in around 25g-30g. It has a wee bit too many carbs for my liking (21g) but I think it’s a well deserved treat after a long week of busting ass at the gym!
Well there it is! My review on the ENTIRE June box with JackedPack. I can’t wait to see what July has in store! And it turns out the new box has already shipped! Just in time! Happy Lifting!