So I jumped on the bandwagon and got myself a subscription box! well actually a few… But I’m only gonna talk about the Birchbox today.
Let me start by saying that I have a slight addiction to subscription boxes and it recently got worse… lol. I used to have an ipsy account and kept with that for about a year… then I moved out and couldn’t spare the extra $10 a month, which is better spent on feeding myself. Priorities! However now moving back with my parents, I thought “Why not splurge a little?” I saw ads for birch box and decided to give it a try. I wanted something a little different than just getting makeup every month… I’m not complaining, but I only use makeup till its gone…so I felt wasteful.
Unfortunately all I’ve gotten the past 2 months with Birchbox has been closely makeup related…but I’m hoping that it’ll switch up to other things like home related goodies or maybe even food!
Heres what consisted of my May box, ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick, TONI&GUY Prep Heat Protection Mist, Naobay Oxygenating Cream Moisturizer, Harvey Prince Hello Conditioner, and Coastal Scents Revealed Palette sample.
- Lipstick: 5 stars. I got a nude color, which at first I didn’t like. But after using it to give me a “Lana Del Rey” look I actually grew to like it. It’s really soft and doesn’t dry up.
- Heat Protectant. 4 stars. Smells good, but I don’t straighten my hair (not long enough) but feels good when I blow dry my hair. I don’t know if it’s really doing anything though. Might give to my mom to try
- Moisturizer. 4 stars. I usually only use jojoba oil as a moisturizer (most natural), but I gave this a try. Very nice! I use it after the gym (after I shower) just to re hydrate my face after sweating all that fat off lol. But still wouldn’t use over my beloved jojoba oil!
- Conditioner. 4 stars. Again I have no hair…so its a bit useless. But I tried it and I loved the floral sweet smell and did make my hair soft. Didn’t like the sample packaging though.
- Eye shadow. (HAVEN”T USED YET….RATING TO COME!)